Grown-ups should always be involved in any activities involving heat, sharp knives and appliances.
Little Sous Tips:
- Safety first! Adult supervision is recommended for steps using the oven.
- In this recipe, cold butter is good but frozen is even better. We’re going to grate the butter with a cheese grater to ensure the perfect texture without overmixing. Here’s a safety tool we recommend for kids of all ages while using box graters.
- Be careful not to over mix the dough. This will cause gluten to develop in the dough, which will make your biscuits a little tough. Stir until mostly combined, and use your hands to shape and knead it on the counter.
- This dough will be sticky—that’s OK! Sticky dough will lead to soft and tender biscuits.
- You can substitute 1 cup of the all-purpose flour for 1 cup of whole wheat flour to make the recipe a little healthier.